Resetting Indexes

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:19 AM
Hi,

I recently discovered that old indexes from old (now deleted) solutions from Sando were remaining in place in the extensions folder. Some 30Gb.

I couldn't find a way to clear up the unwanted data in these folders, and my failed attempt. Deleting what seemed to be the correct folders (generated folders containing lucene index etc) didn't help. I was hoping Sando would recreate the indexes, but it didn't.

Is there a correct way of doing this, other than uninstalling the extension deleting and re-installing?

Thanks,
Coordinator
Jun 22, 2015 at 1:38 PM
First of all, sorry for the slow reply!

If you want to delete data for solutions that no longer exist, the best way is to delete the relevant folders from two places:
  1. Remove SrcML Archives - Look in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\Extensions\<srcml>\Archives\ and delete the folder for your project.
  2. Remove Sando Index - Look in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\Extensions\<sando>\lucene\ and delete the folder for your project.
Note that, if you want to simply remove the current index for a single project, in order to reindex a project, there's a button for that under the Advanced options in the Sando view. It is "Reset Sando Index". It essentially deletes the backing SrcML and clears the current index so, when you reopen that solution it is reindexed from scratch.
Jul 16, 2015 at 9:13 PM
Thanks for the response, and also apologises for MY late reply.

That helper me, thanks.

As a follow up, is it maybe possible to relocate the lucene index folders off the main drive? They take up a decent amount of space (GBs) and it's an SSD. I don't want to move the complete extension drives, just the indexes.

Thanks
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2015 at 5:46 PM
We should probably make that directory configurable. I added an issue reminding us to do that in the tracker.

I don't know of a way to do this otherwise.