How to Join:
- Join the mailing list (see below).
- Set up your development environment (see below).
- Fix a bug, refactor a method, or perform some other improvement.
- Submit a patch via text attachment to the mailing list.
- Respond to any committer comments.
- If your patch is accepted by a current committer within a week, you are accepted onto the project!
All discussions are now being conducted over the
mailing list. It is important that you join this list!
- Download and set up Visual Studio 2013 (Professional or better since we're creating VS Extensions)
- Download and install Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 SDK (can be found in VS Extension Manager gallery)
- (Probably no longer necessary) Download and install
Microsoft's Code Contracts
- Download and configure a git client (we recommend SourceTree)
- Download the Sando source code
- Open Sando in Visual Studio 2013
- Do the following for Sando:
- Open the properties of the UI project
- Select the Debug tab
- Select "Start external program"
- Enter something like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe"
- Enter "/rootsuffix Exp" in the "command line arguments"
- Select VSIX tab and check "Deploy VSIX content to experimental instance for debugging"
- Debug in VS2013 by opening the VS with Sando in it and selecting "Debug" > "Start Debugging"
- When running the experimental instance, use the extension manager to install SrcML.NET
- Restart the experimental instance (i.e., Debug > Start Debugging) and Sando should now work
Custom Sando Extensions
Sando is not only a search tool, but it also allows for changing its own default behavior. Developers can support new languages or even try a new splitting algorithm. See
Custom Sando Extensions for details.
Sando Data Collection
Plans are under way to start collecting data on Sando usage. For more details, see
Sando Data Collection.
Sando Data Collection from Case Study
The Sando team has conducted a case study comparing Sando to Find in Files. The user queries collected during this study are available below.